Return to MDK

Corrugated Shawl

The sequence pattern in sec. 10 says “k5, p2, p1”. Really?

Thanks for noticing this!

Section 10 should be k5, p2, k1.

I totally knit my Corrugated Wrap using k5, p2, p1 as it appears in the Field Guide without even a blink–so zoned out at that point! Row 10, if knit in this way, results in the same sequence as Section 7. Which is a lovely sequence, don’t get me wrong, but ideally each section should have its own distinctive pattern.

Many thanks for writing!

Silly question - on the wrong side of the project for the sequence section 1 is k2 p2 I am assuming the wrong side rows will be the opposite Purl the Purl stitches and knit the knit stitches - is that correct?

Actually, that is a great question.
The stitch count is a multiple of 4 + 2 stitches. The repeat is knit 2, purl 2, ending with a knit 2.
Turn the work and start over with the knit 2, purl 2 sequence.
It’s going to result in columns of knit and purl garter stitch.

I have done 3 rows - k2 p2 each row - is this what it should look like? Thanks

nellknits
December 9 |

The stitch count is a multiple of 4 + 2 stitches. The repeat is knit 2, purl 2, ending with a knit 2.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Vcolby
December 9 |

Silly question - on the wrong side of the project for the sequence section 1 is k2 p2 I am assuming the wrong side rows will be the opposite Purl the Purl stitches and knit the knit stitches - is that correct?

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

57 PM
This is from the shawl that I made, the light stitches might be easier to see. Although they are rather tiny.

On the reverse if you end with K2 should row 2 begin with p2 then the k2 p2?

nellknits
December 9 |

In Reply To

Vcolby
December 9 |

Yes. That’s correct.

Thanks for your help!

nellknits
December 9 |

Yes. That’s correct.

In Reply To

Vcolby
December 9 |

On the reverse if you end with K2 should row 2 begin with p2 then the k2 p2? nellknits December 9 | Actually, that is a great question. The stitch count is a multiple of 4 + 2 stitches. The repeat is knit 2, purl 2, ending with a knit 2. Turn the work and start over with the knit 2, purl 2…