For Valentine's Day I made a retro but yummy meal: Caesar salad, Tuscan steak, baked potato, chocolate pudding cake.
The cake was made in a cast iron skillet. First a sort of batter was spread in it, and then another mixture was poured over it. This mixture contained, among other things, 1/4 cup of Amaretto and 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. It seemed a bit liquid-y, but I poured it over the batter and popped the skillet into the oven. 45 minutes later the cake was done--and had overflowed, creating a crackly, sticky, smoking mess at the bottom of the oven. Off went the smoke alarm: EVACUATE! EVACUATE! Sigh.
I scraped off what I could that night, and in the morning I scrubbed with a bit of dish soap, being careful not to compromise the oven's surface. Then, after reading self-cleaning directions that emphasized the possibility of grease fires, I steam cleaned, and then, finally, pushed the self-cleaning button. It worked.
An interesting Valentine experience.