Return to MDK

Squad Mitts: Show & Tell

Done! Just in time for the cold that’s rolling in. They are snug, soft, squishy, and very cool. At least that’s what I think. Oh, and a super-easy knit. Now: more mitts? socks? gloves?

Second pair is off the needles. Just need to sew in ends. Went with ribbing this time instead of curled edges.

Mitts! Twice! Mitts kit colorway #1, ribbing instead of the stockinette curl.

One pair of squad mitts, ready to post off to a worthy recipient. Loved the pattern - great for using up leftover sock yarn.

So sweet. … I’ve started my next pair with a seed stitch edge.

First ones done! Solids are Koigu left from the two (Ann Weaver-designed, Kay Gardiner-motivated) Albers Cowls I’ve knit. Teal multi is a Mountain Colors yarn from my Doodler. Once these were underway I bemusedly noted these match the wedding gift quilt I gave this same friend (who mostly wears black, but where’s the knitting fun in that?).

Third pair done. Two more to go for the dog walkers!

Pair 4!

Finally making a pair for myself! Killing time before Hadley. Will need to figure out what to do with the leftovers.

Oh yes I made a second pair for me as well. Again with leftovers – but it meant my mitts matched my Rockefeller shawl at the March yesterday!

Kid sized for my boy. Mods on my Ravelry Project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/vmgrace/squad-mitts

Great colors vmgrace! Hope he likes them.