This morning I finished my Station Wagon Blanket. I am really happy with the way it turned out.
I was the one worried about yarn quantities. It was close (I have less than 20g left of the indigo), but definitely sufficient. The i-cord edging is applied without first knitting up a stitch in the i-cord color, so that saved some yarn.
My tip for using this I-cord application method is to pick up the blanket yarn from the back of the blanket to the front. This way that stitch is slightly twisted when it is knit to the I-cord and is much better hidden. I experimented and tried picking up from the front side and the blanket color popped through the I-cord.
I followed the pattern exactly, except I did the three needle bind off from the right side so I would have a solid plaid look.
My photo was taken in extremely bright morning light, so it is a bit over exposed.