Return to MDK

What I'm Making

Ooh. All three are beautiful. But I must say, I just love your glasses.

Beautiful! And slightly off-topic: I love your glasses! (and see that Marianne beat me to the punch on those!)

Finished! My Rhinebeck shawl.

No, I’m not going to Rhinebeck, but my Nymphaea shawl is! I designed this for BeadBiz, and the kit will be available in their booth at Rhinebeck, SAFF, and other festivals.

My goddaughter did a great job modeling this for me!

Heh. You can have them, too. They’re drugstore readers that I got on impulse in the checkout line at TJ Maxx. :):grinning:

I love these glasses, too. And you can have your own, as I bought them on impulse in the checkout line at TJ Maxx. :):grinning:

alas, I’m highly myopic and require mega-lenses! I suppose the optician could swap lenses for me. Next year. Because I’ve bought two pairs of glasses this year already!

If I see them in TJMaxx, I’m grabbing them for the frames. Thanks!

Lol. Who knew? Darn. We don’t have a TJ Maxx here on the Monterey Peninsula otherwise I’d get my own set of Robyn readers.

What were we thinking with those shoulder pads?

Yes, it looks a bit like an aspen leaf! Tell me, is it growing as it hangs?

…and fortunately it fits despite wonky gauge issues! I am the diametric opposite of Alice Starmore in terms of gauge…I knit loose and shallow. Good thing I knit up the adult size. Fits her perfectly!

This is a wonder woman scarf for my daughter for Christmas (Less than 2 months to go!). The pattern is Wonder Woman Wrap. I used Knit Picks Palette yarn. I did the small size and it took just under a skein of each color. Blocking gifts in the living room is one small luxury to having her away at university.

I am on the toe decreases of a pair of socks in west Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply, “Pheasant.” It’s pouring rain again, so I’m hoping to get them finished today. But here’s a picture of a rare moment of decadence, on a sunnier day, when my socks had their own little air mattress in a 300-gallon stocktank.

I seem to be making a series of these waistcoats in 2 ply jumper weight. The idea is to use a different pattern for each of the lozenges, as in the sweater in the Shetland museum at Lerwick. I think Jen designed a kit some time ago for a full sweater kit from Jamieson and Smith using this idea.

wow those are spectacular. I like the idea of different lozenges. takes the pressure off having to choose.

I am on my 2nd log cabin blanket for Neve my granddaughter. I have already knitted one for Pyper my grandson and I am already getting excited about planning a jacket based on a design from Woolly Thoughts. Wish I had discovered patchwork knitting years ago!

…and done! Well, there are some ends to weave in, but it’s good enough for preschool :slight_smile: Flax Light by Tin Can Knits in Rowan Felted Tweed DK. First sweater I’ve made for her that she will wear willingly.

I just designed a cowl in Woolfolk Får; this super soft merino chainette told me to take it home and make something with long strands to show off the construction of the yarn. Sometimes yarn talks to me, and sometimes it’s very bossy.

This is Cannon Beach. Seagulls and waves. Currently knitting another with Malabrigo Merino Worsted, to see what a fluffy single does.

Knit, knit, knit!

That is lovely. Will you share the pattern?

Yes, coming soon. It’s off with the tech editor and test knitters. And I’m knitting another one…

Loving your style. Seems like wool compliments the studded leather in the best way…