Return to MDK

What I'm Making

Join me for a pity party because misery loves company.

I have not been able to knit for 7 weeks. I used to knit for hours every day and now–nada. Poor me. I know things are bad all over but I can’t effectively escape without knitting.

I had the large tear in my rotator cuff repaired and my bicep tendon reattached in January and I can’t use my right arm yet. Now the other shoulder is heading south. What a mess. I am not making anything but trouble.

I will bang out a carbeth as soon as I can, but since I have been pretty inactive for over a year there is no way I am going to make it cropped. I am at least twice the size of Kate Davies these days and what looks good on her (everything) will not necessarily work for me. Just one more note in my pity party song.

Not to mention the cruelty of the month of March. Thank goodness for MDK’s March madness, it is a nice diversion.

Knit on, I will catch up with you eventually.

Oh NO! I wish there were a darning method for rotator cuffs . . . : )

I hope you can get back to knitting soon–and on the way, I hope March Mayhem will give you something to poke around in!

Here’s to mending up soon!

I hope you feel better soon . I like March because it’s a sign that warm weather is on the way.

This is really funny. I looked at that picture and said this is perfect for the Madeline Tosh yarn I have in a similar red. I’ve been searching for the right project for it. I figured you were the designer and went to Ravelry and I already had it in my favorites! I think I was already lthinking it would work for that yarn but seeing the picture did the trick!

Ann, we need a sad button for posts like that. Can you add haha and sad buttons like Facebbok’s?

That pink yarn is delicious. What is it?

It is Brooklyn Tweed Quarry in the color Alabaster. That photo does not depict the color accurately. It is more of a warm beige color, not really pink at all.

Time to get knitting! I wore my gray one to teach at the Lantern Moon Retreat this week. Bliss on all counts.

I’m finding this shape to be very wearable; I like having the point of the wide end hanging in the front.

Fini! I loved knitting this charming accessory. The reeling shows the difference of yardage needed to do a knit bind off vs sewn bind off. The sewn bind off takes so much less.
Excellent info for when yarn chicken is afoot.

I have enough of the grey to knit another. What color should I choose now?
I’m going to begin my stack of presents early this year!

The pattern is from Marlisle by Anna Maltz and the yarns are Milo (grey) and Hayloft all of which are in the MDK shop.

Finally finished the National Park Centennial Celebration blanket from Smart Knits.

That’s incredible! What a brilliant and fantastic project, I’m in love.

wow that is just amazing! i could snuggle in that and plot my next national park adventure! brilliant.

Wow! I love this! Destined to be a treasured family heirloom.

I am plugging away on Wickerwork, a pattern by Lori Versace, using TOV. It’s the first project I’ve done that includes any lace work. I am now counting to 24 in my sleep!

{{HUGS}} I got bigger, too. You have every right to feel the way you do

This is great, and thanks for the tip about the sewn bind off! To me, red seems like a natural follow-up.

Beautiful! I am going to look for this. Visiting as many National Parks as I can is on my bucket list. Now I know what knitting I will be doing! Thank you!

Made this hat for my youngest son during spring break with an alpaca blend.

Oh my goodness, that last pic - those eyes! I can’t decide if they’re mischievous or if he’s going to be a heart breaker in a few years. LOL BTW, the hat looks great on him, contrast color matches his hair.

What am I making you ask? Well let me tell you and let me be very clear about it. For the past two weeks I have been knitting NOTHING. So many things going on and the stress list keeps getting longer and longer. I had to put all my yarn and knitting toys away for a little while. Apparently, if you forget about a pot and you burn it and one of your neighbors calls the fire department, my building doesn’t take kindly to that. Try explaining that it’s not a hoard, it’s a stash! They just don’t get it. And they call lawyers. So I put all my toys away except my Carbeth but I had to add new yarn which was (you guessed it) put away somewhere.

So my stress relief in a time of great stress was part of the whole stress. I can’t stress this enough. I had a sock in my purse but that’s my every day carry around knitting so that doesn’t count and I had a pretty little hat on the needles but I had accidentally put the pattern away and my addled brain couldn’t remember the name of it. Finally found it and took the little hat up for nice afternoon at my sister’s house where I promptly left it on the coffee table. Oye!

I got everything resolved yesterday (phew!) and dug out the Carbeth yarn and am back on track. I also got the hat back yesterday so I can take it over to a friends for dinner tonight and probably leave it there too. For the record, scrubbing your kitchen floor with a Brillo pad is also a good stress reliever. Problem is that I am more excited by a cute sweater than I am by a really, really, really clean floor.