Return to MDK

Bang Out a Carbeth

I love it! It is an interesting variation on the original design–the silhouette is so friendly on this one.

Already have the yarn and I downloaded the pattern yesterday.

Banged mine out a month late! I used a value yarn because I wasn’t sure it would suit me but have now bought yarn for a second version! I was pleasantly surprised by the end result on my less than svelte frame!

You look terrific and I love that shade of blue.

Thank you! so kind x

Looks really good on you. Great job.

Love the colour! And the next one I knit will have that exact neckline. Good work!

Ooh, can’t wait to see your version. Another one for my Fantasy KAL list

Thanks! I did about 4pairs of German short rows in the back neck ribbing.

I know it’s the first day of May, but honestly I was a very late starter. Never mind that this was my first in the round, bottom up sweater. And I loved it!

Congratulations on a beautiful first sweater! You look wonderful in it.

It’s just lovely and it will be a go to sweater for you. Congratulations.

Deborah_Healy

May 1

I know it’s the first day of May, but honestly I was a very late starter. Never mind that this was my first in the round, bottom up sweater. And I loved it!

Didn’t exactly Bang, in the end, but the third? fourth? version of my Carbeth finally stuck. Here’s a glamorous bathroom selfie because I couldn’t wait to block and get good light. The yarns are O-Wool Legacy Bulky held together with Shibui Silk Cloud, which made a super-roomy size 4 (maybe closer to 5) when I made it in the size 2 on US 11/8 mm needles.

Crank up the AC! Looks fantastic! And I think that a bathroom selfie has an authenticity that no flailing-around-in-a-field photo can have.

Thanks! It’s such a fun knit but even more fun to wear (when it’s not 100% humidity)!

Better late than never!

Finally, here’s my Carbeth, with long stashed Nature Spun Brown Sheep bulky in Antique Mauve colorway. Size 2, not even blocked yet - but I did weave my ends in!

And Jethro, who is sitting (sort of) next to me, wants you to know that he helped, too. He’s very much a knitting kind of doggie.

Looks great and I love the dog.