Return to MDK

Bang Out a Revolution

Progress…but at least 2" before I get to the purl row for the hem.

14 Likes

Looks great

0 Likes

Finally finished the body and neck and started on the sleeves. I decided to use Magic Loop rather than DPNs for the sleeves so I can knit both sleeves at the same time (similar to doing two socks at the same time). I think I may be able to get this done before the end of February!

17 Likes

A quick question : I got gauge for my Calligraphy Cardigan with a #5 needle. I’m now ready to start the bottom ribbing - should I go down to a #3? Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

That’s what I would do! Hooray for finishing the body…

1 Like

I’m confused. Help please.

I used a provisional cast on of 127 stitches for my size.

But when I get to neckband it says pick up 100 stitches. What do I do about my other 27 stitches?

Thanks in advance for your help

Roz T

0 Likes

Forgot to say I’m making the Calligraphy Cardigan

Roz T.

0 Likes

I didn’t do a provisional cast on, but in this case I would pick up all and decrease 27 stitches on the next row.

3 Likes

Anyone doing the capelet??
I’m wondering if it comes down over the shoulder. In the photos it looks more like a collar. I’m interested in doing this if it comes down over the shoulders.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Nell!

0 Likes

I had energy today & this happened…
YAY!!
Next… the sleeves.

11 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Body of Liberty Tree Pullover is done! Ten inches from the underarm I started the ribbing for 1.5” more, didn’t change needle size and didn’t do any increases.I like a boxy shape. Onward!

20 Likes

Had to spend a few hours shoveling today, so less time than I had hoped for knitting. Finished the first sleeve (still need to sew the hem). I think im too tired to start the second. It may set me back from finishing by month end, but maybe I’ll get lucky.

4 Likes

(upload://dPGK9susWitLLTcxPMllInLDcyQ.jpeg) ://dPGK9susWitLLTcxPMllInLDcyQ.jpeg) Finished last night and ready to wash and dry the Rowan denim. It will fit if it shrinks as swatched. Tomorrow I look for buttons. I decided to go for the snap option suggested earlier so I didn’t have to worry about placing button holes in the band. I can always wear it without buttons over a t shirt.

5 Likes

The ratio is nearly - 5 stitches become 4, or a repeat of -knit 2, purl 1, p2tog- in which you’ll need to replace -knit 1, k2tog- twice. It becomes the recommended knit 2, purl 2 on the next round.

0 Likes

This is just beautiful! xo

0 Likes

I eventually sorted the German short rows instructions out by muddling through, but now I wish I’d seen your post with the tutorial link! Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s what I would do also. I’m making the calligraphy cardigan also. Not quite to smaller needles. Congratulations😍

0 Likes

Ready to finish & block! Very happy with the pattern, yarn, color. Thanks to cdncarol on Ravelry for her help with the cable on the sleeves, and to my friend, Cindy (cinknitting) for giving me the idea about leaving the neckline open. Adaptations: long sleeves with cable, body length increased by 2 1/2 inches, button band started below yoke, ribbing 5x4, neckline bound off with i-cord.

(Forgot to mention that I’m using snaps under buttons and lining the button bands with grosgrain.)

22 Likes