Return to MDK

Bang Out a Revolution

Well, here it is Feb 52nd and I finally finished the yoke. Yahoo!! Spent 3 weeks in knit and tink mode then decided to do Liberty Tree (as I had originally planned) and VOILA! it all worked. Now to continue on with the rest of the sweater. More to learn, but another cup of tea first.

10 Likes

Finally finished! Grew a little in length after blocking, but very pleased with the fit.

15 Likes

I decided to join this party in late February so I’ve actually finished in a reasonably timely manner. (I did the Bramen Cowl at the same time but it went really fast). I love this sweater. It’s perfect for cool spring days.

19 Likes

Wow! Looks fabulous, great fit​:clap::clap::blue_heart:

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

Gorgeous!

Great job.

0 Likes

So beautiful and I think the length is perfect!

0 Likes

Beautifully done! Love the color.

0 Likes

Finally finished this sweater in a wool/alpaca yarn, just as the temperatures start to rise. I wore it all day on Saturday anyway, pretending that I wasn’t hot, while everyone else was breaking out their spring clothes!

16 Likes

Love that sleeve detail!!!

0 Likes

It’s the one suggested by some knitters earlier in this thread - it’s from this Ravelry page:

7 Likes

Very nice! Such a lovely sweater!!! I’ll be doing the same on Saturday, pretending not to be hot!!!

0 Likes

Love the ribbon idea. So you just tack it in? Would like be to see the finished projuct!

1 Like

I hand stitch it in - slipstich. For the side with buttonholes, I mark where they should be by pinning the ribbon to that side and marking through the buttonholes and then make buttonholes in the ribbon, then handstitch it in. Sounds like a lot of work but I did it on my Solbein which really needed it because it was knit at such an open “weave” that the button bands needed stability. I’ll attach a photo here. I just need to finish the 3/4 sleeves, buttonbands and neck on the Calligraphy but my Lykke size 6 circular needle that need for the arms was in a sleeve of North Sea Nostalgia sweater so I’m finishing that sweater first. I had set it aside to start calligraphy. Even though North Sea will be too warm until next Fall/Winter…I’ll finish it first. I only have 4 projects going right now but it makes for slower going when one trades off amongst them. Hmmm won’t load the photo I want. I’ll try it in a separate post. This is the finished sweater.

8 Likes

let me try the ribbon side of the sweater here…

Well…I guess the file is too large so I just took another picture (I wear this sweater a lot Spring and Fall.)

8 Likes

Yay! I made it through cables. Now I’m working on figuring out short rows while watching Final Four!
This is my first sweater. I think I understand the short row stitch but not sure about the placement. I have 280 stitches. I have 84 stitches between marker A and B. I’m using Liberty Tree pullover pattern. Will I place the short rows on the 196 (280-84= 196) stitches across the back. That was more stitches than I expected. … Is this correct??
Thanks!!

4 Likes

Wow, your cables look great!
As for the length of the short rows, the sections being worked are (depending on the pattern) All of the back, and all or most of the sleeve, and then working into the front neck as the short rows get longer. It’s a narrow crescent of fabric created to build up the back, thus dropping the front neckline.
Congratulations on your first sweater!

2 Likes

Looks great. I love the detail of the sweater, and the ribbon adds a custom touch. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s a big help. I think I’m on the right track!

2 Likes

Made in March during March Madness - the yarn is Berroco Palace which was in my stash

10 Likes