Return to MDK

Bunchalong 2018: The Great Bunchening!

Slipped Stitch Hat made from handspun wool and alpaca. This pattern makes the extremely uneven yarn look good! One of the rewards - or hazards - of learning to spin is that I have lots of small skeins! This actually used four of them.

7 Likes

Appleseed Coasters are a treat to knit. I couldn’t decide which color to use under my stained glass box and wanted to get the pattern down so I knit them TAAT. Looking at them now, I think I will actually make another double the size in cream and sew these together to make a soap holder for my daughter. Her crazy dog likes to steal the soap bar as a snack!

5 Likes

Hi, fellow Bunchkins! The gift certificate winner this week comes to us from outer space, er, Instagram. Here’s Megan @memenier and her Appleseed Mitts.
megan

5 Likes

Two pairs of mits done! Love this pattern now that I understand it. Lol
(upload://mtTbkxZU1e1ZgOBzkwjfw4AkMey.jpeg)

2 Likes

Working on hats for my nieces and nephew. 3 down, one to go.

8 Likes

Swatching for Sangria! Not easy to find the ginger liqueur but totally worth it.

4 Likes

I’ve got all the ingredients except the ginger liqueur, but haven’t mixed up a batch yet! Amazon is a good source for the cider syrup.

1 Like

I’ll email you. You can have some of mine. It’s pricey but my liquor store guy gave it to me cheap (he likes the knitters) so I’ll pay it forward.

1 Like

Congratulations Angela! You’re this week’s Bunchalong prizewinner! Email Liz hello@masondixonknitting.com and she’ll email your gift certificate.

Cristina (your fellow Bunchkin)

5 Likes

Love the color!

Second Appleseed Coaster finished! I decided to only knit row 1 of the 5 called for in the pattern to pinch the cable back together before the ribbing at the end so that the coaster ended up square. I like it. Now I feel confident in starting the Appleseed mitts so that I don’t ruin the soft alpaca yarn by knitting and frogging, knitting and frogging, also cursing at it which might singe the fibers.

6 Likes

Picked up the Field Guide at Rhinebeck, along with the yarn (Foster Sheep Farm) and stitch markers (Wee Ones). Cast on Friday (having finished another set of mitts in a different pattern from my Rhinebeck haul) and couldn’t put them down over the weekend. I’d never done a cable cast on before and thought it was fun once I got the hang. :slight_smile:

And no, of course I"m not taking pictures of knitting at work… :wink:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, there is such a thing as ginger liqueur?!!

2 Likes

Question re: Stranded Diamonds hat. In rnds 1 & 14, there is no color change so is it necessary to carry a float across the back in either of those rounds?

Nope! Just leave the unused strand where it is until the next round. : )

1 Like

No float necessary. I didn’t join in the second color until Round 2, and I cut the second color after Round 13.

1 Like

Thank you Nell and Kay! So that is exactly what I did Kay, joined in rnd 2 and cut after rnd 13. My first attempt at stranded color knitting didn’t go too badly😁lol

I’ll just need to figure out a way to knit the decreases as I don’t know how to use dpns :frowning:

8 Likes

Well done! Really beautiful job, and your floats are perfect. You can do the first decreases on the circular and then either go to DPNS (they are kind of self-explanatory once you get them into your stitches–treat them like circular needles that are in sections and just go around and around) or google “Magic Loop knitting.”

2 Likes

Thx so much for your encouragement and praise Kay😊 I’m gonna give it a try!!

2 Likes

Sorry! Could not get pictures to load