Return to MDK

Bunchalong 2018: The Great Bunchening!

That’s a pretty yarn!

Thanks! It’s Windham in Superb Starling Blue!

They are superb and I smile every time I think of Superb Starling as a color name.

Bunching along. But I have a question - notice there are no pom poms? Anyone have a recommendation for a good pom pom maker? Any pom poms I’ve made before without a tool have been floppy and uneven. Help!

I’ve made terrific pompoms with both the Loome tool and Clover makers.

I found this article really helpful for making poms:

https://www.masondixonknitting.com/secrets-great-pom-poms/

Same although I just gave away my Clover makers because they are a stretch for my memory to remember how to set up the tool each time…#agingbrain

I just Loomed and attached my poms! Sister hats for a pair of young neighbors.

Outstanding pompoms!!! Luv the hats😊

Stranded Diamonds Hat… Christmas is coming!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Bunchening along and Making Merry🎄

and bright!!

Hi, Buncherinas!

This week’s Bunchalong winner is fellow Loungerette Karen kjt1211!

Hope everyone’s gift-giving basket is filling nicely.

xoCristina

The Chalice Cowl is a wonderful knit! I was so thankful to receive the Bunchalong gift and used it to purchase yarn for a sweater. Ordering an extra skein provided just enough to knit this wonderfully squishy cowl. Looking forward to casting on the Appleseed Mitts next!

Finished the Slip-Stitch Cap for my granddaughter tonight at Guild. Made the pompom but waited to get home to trim it since there’s such a lot of tiny yarns floating around. Used Lion Wool Ease worsted (in the stash) held double because a hat for a 4 year old needs to be able to be washed and dried.

pom%20pom%20trimmings

The MDK Bunchalong 2018 has been great fun! I enjoyed making each of the projects very much! Thank you Mason-Dixon Knitting and Thea Colman!!

Second pair of Appleseed Mitts -this time in Sapphire. Colors are sooooo rich.

My first colorwork! Thanks to MDK and Thea Colman for making it seem not so hard!

Wow! love this card!

Happy Monday, Bunchers Along!

This week’s prize winner comes from Instagramaland. It’s Kathy @khoward1776 who knit a wee Slip-Stitch Cap for her wee bairn. Everybody on the count of three (1, 2, 3) AWWWWW!