Return to MDK

Calligraphy Cardigan

I am working on the calligraphy cardigan yoke and am not sure what the instructions on rows 17 , 21 and 23 are telling me to do. The pattern says Rep Row 2. I am assuming that means repeat row 17 twice, row 21 twice and row 23 twice.

0 Likes

It means to knit the knits, purl the purls and work any YO tbl.
What that means is if the stitch appears smooth, knit it and if it appears to be a bump, purl it - and if it’s a yarn over, close the eyelet by knitting through the back loop.
You’re stacking the stitches to make stockinette or reverse stockinette columns.

0 Likes

It actually means to repeat “Row 2”. Not to do the same row twice. Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

Thank you. If we are to repeat row 2 then what do we do with instructions for rows 17 , 21 and 23 of the chart? That was why I was confused. The written instructions say to repeat row 2 but the chart indicates otherwise.

1 Like

So basically if I follow the chart I am fine.

1 Like

Nell explains the instructions on the chart (sorry, just read the written ones). Both are true! Good luck.

0 Likes

17, 21 and 23 are all the same (directions) as row 2.
It does seem unusual that you are working a WS row in place of RS rows, but it is correct and does work. ~N

2 Likes

I am on to the increase row under the Shape the Back of the Neck section and a bit confused. Do I knit 7, M1L and knit to the end of the row, and then k14, M1L each of the subsequent 13 RS rows?
thank you

0 Likes

Good question. For your size and all on this row only - knit 7, M1L, then repeat [ k14, M1L ] 13 times, then knit to the end.

0 Likes

Oh wow. I never would have guessed that. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Is it necessary to do a guage swatch for the button band? I read that your button band guage could impact the number of pick up stitches needed. If yes, should you swatch in the ribbed pattern? I am quite a ways away from knitting it, but want to be prepared. Thank you.

0 Likes

I don’t generally do that, but usually use a needle 2 sizes smaller than the body (gauge) needle and use a pick up ratio of 3 stitches to every 4 rows.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will do that.

0 Likes