Return to MDK

Emily Knits a Cardigan!

I have started my first cardigan! Right now I’m just swatching, and of course I made the swatch too big, but better too big than too small, right? :slight_smile: ( I hope?)
I’m making the Hannah Fettig Boothbay Cardigan: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boothbay

I felt like since this is such a big project I needed to document it along the way, hence this thread–if anyone has any advice for knitting a first cardigan, or this one in particular, *please share your wisdom! :slight_smile: *

2 Likes

So right now my swatch was HUGE, but I got gauge so that made me happy. I’ve started the body of the cardigan–first piece is the back!

3 Likes

Ugggh! Just when I thought I was doing well, I totally had to frog the whole piece! I dropped a few stitched and I didn’t notice and then I tried to pick them up and it was just so messy that I frogged it all. I tried to get the stitches back on the needle, but no go–that’s one of my weakest skills. Oh well–back to the beginning!

2 Likes

It has happened to the best of us! Deep breath… Knit on!

4 Likes

Cute choice. How’s the restart going? Good luck!

2 Likes

The restart is going well so far. I’m only a few rows in, going to do more today!

4 Likes

I love the draping and the collar! For something that lucious, it’s worth doing the frogging. What color?

1 Like

That’s what I figured. :slight_smile: Better to frog! I’m using Quince and Co’s Lark in Kumilen’s Gull:

2 Likes

You’ll be able to wear that with anything. Can’t wait to see how it goes!

1 Like

Thanks! Yup, I love the color–I definitely wanted something versatile and honestly, I like how I look in gray! LOL

1 Like

So, update: I’m almost back to the place where I had to frog it, yay!!! That makes me feel better. :slight_smile: And once I get to that point I get to start raglan shaping which I am actually quite excited to try!

1 Like