Return to MDK

Giftalong 2019: TEAM KAFFE

It’s official friends! The fourth team for the MDK holiday Giftalong is Team Kaffe! We’ll be knitting patterns from brand-new MDK Field Guide No. 13: Master Class, by this guy:

Kaffe Fassett!

Our mascot? This semi-good girl:

Olive!

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome for this Field Guide. We are beyond thrilled to be knitting Kaffe with you. What are you going to cast on first? The cowl? A cushion or three? Or the big dog: the Garter Stripe Shawl?

Olive will have more (much more) to say in the days to come. And also: we have extra special Team Kaffe Prizes, which will include one of the projects in the book knitted by me, plus a small selection of Kaffe’s print fabrics from my well-aged fabric hoard.

Our Instagram hashtag is #MDKTeamKaffe. Share share share! We have to catch up with the other Giftalong teams!

8 Likes

Have ordered some yarn! For a Kaffe cowl. Maybe some other things too. I too am a hoarder of all things Kaffe.

3 Likes

My first cowl will probably have to have openings for two front paws…

9 Likes

My beautiful guide arrived today, hooray!
I’m just now casting on arm warmers in the Coin pattern with vintage FT.
(40 stitches at the noted gauge)

6 Likes

I’m in. In the spirit of full transparency I’m terrified. I’ve looked at Kaffe’s work with such awe for so long.

6 Likes

Coin is the best pattern. THERE IS NO PATTERN BUT COIN.

I’m not serious but I sort of am. I just love it. It makes me feel all Orla-ish.

4 Likes

Start with either one of the solid stripes, or something super rhythmic like the Coin stranded stripe pattern. It’s serene and majestic and you will love it.

2 Likes

You can almost tell that the old colors are the old colors. I’m super jell of all the certified pre-owned Felted Tweed of old that people seem to have. I always knitted mine up! There was this Robin’s Egg blue, similar to Trance (the Kid Silk Haze shade), that I just adored. I got a Kim Hargreaves sweater kit in it, with a matching wide satin ribbon for the ties.

3 Likes

You will have a blast. Seriously.

2 Likes

I’m super excited for all of us!

2 Likes

After ordering a set of dusty colors, I think I’ve decided I’ll knit one of my kids cushion covers to match his felted tweed afghan – the afghan is 12 years old, but hey, it’s an heirloom! So the new colors are mine, for a cowl?

7 Likes

I actually have a stash of felted tweed - I’m so excited about this. I’m unravelling a mitten I started a while ago and don’t love, and will begin planning my Kaffe knit. Off to have a cup of tea and look through my newly downloaded field guide…

4 Likes

Have I mentioned that I have a little crush on him. Every time Kaffe Fasset smiles an angel gets its wings.

7 Likes

I ordered my yarn yesterday and I cannot wait until it arrives. In the meantime I am pouring over the field guide.

5 Likes

I am waiting anxiously for my Field Guide and yarn to arrive. This will be difficult…aren’t we supposed to be knitting gifts for others? I fear once my yummy set of Brights arrives, I may discover I need a present myself…

6 Likes

I’m all for self-gifting. I don’t believe the KAL has a rule against that either!

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist casting on for a cushion cover (or as we say in the informal PNW, sofa pillow). Trying out Ombre stripe #2. The instagram hashtag is misleading – posting here because I think it’s going off to the kid who has the felted tweed afghan as part of Christmas.

6 Likes

Dag’nabbit, so many colors, too many choices, my mind is going beyond it’s capacity to explore and be creative.
I have always loved K.F. designs, but only now have been enticed to follow him and this booklet makes me so . . . what is the word, excited is too mild. Stirred, not shaken?
Can’t wait for my yarn + patterns to arrive! (I ordered them within an hour of reading about it on MDK.)

4 Likes

I’m obsessed with the Coins cowl. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

What is it about Coiins? The test knitters were all drawn to it and so am I. COINS IS WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW.

4 Likes