Return to MDK

Giftalong 2019: TEAM MERRY MAKERS

Hello, hard-partying knitters! This is the place where members of Team Merry Makers can drink excessive quantities of root beer and share photos, questions, answers, opinions, and incoherent late-night ramblings about the fabulous holiday gifts they are making from MDK Field Guide No. 8: Merry Making.

Your fearless Team Leader will be a notorious rabble-rousing heck-raiser, who—now that we think about it—is better known for her consistently compassionate delivery of expert knitting advice, Nell Ziroli.

We loved knitting the patterns in Field Guide No. 8 and we are looking forward to knitting them again.

If you need supplies, start here.

Onward, Merry Makers! And try to keep it down to a dull roar in here!

1 Like

Spent the rent (not really) at Neighborhood Fiber. There will be hats!

8 Likes

I may just keep knitting socks!!
I have enjoyed it so much this summer.

5 Likes

I’m down with this! Have supplies for the coasters. Need 24 so…1 every day for the next 24!

7 Likes

Great plan!!! They really are that quick;) I knit 7 coasters last Christmas, along with 3 Stranded Diamonds hats

1 Like

What thoughtful gifts. You can do it!

1 Like

Hello Merry Makers!
This is going to be so fun. I just want to welcome everyone and to let you know that if you have a burning question you can type @ nellknits with no space after the @ and choose the link with the yarn in hand. I’ll then get an email that I’ll be more able to quickly answer.
Happy Knitting!

5 Likes

I’m in for a pair of Appleseed Mitts!
I’m going to watch Nell’s Appleseed maneuver about 50 times before I get started…

5 Likes

This is my first KAL I’m very excited for Team Merry Makers!

4 Likes

Cool👍🏻 Thx for the link Christina!

3 Likes

Is there an error on row 5 of the pattern? As written it makes no sense.

Yes! Snipped from the errata page:

3 Likes

Which pattern are you wondering about? I’m presuming it’s one of the Appleseed Patterns.

By the way, Karen, thankyouthankyouthankyou for the snacks. :yum:

3 Likes

I haven’t checked the Guide but this is exactly what I did. Thank you!

1 Like

Ha! Same here :slight_smile: I just couldn’t choose between the colors!

1 Like

New to MDK. Hope to do a cowl or two.
PatC

4 Likes

Welcome, welcome and thanks for joining in.

1 Like

Started the Cowl, but misread … and ripped out 2 rows. Casting on again (I Missed the beginning rib, and jumped into the Cable… I am not understanding the ‘order’ in the directions, or am not used to this format…

started the cowl for my daughter. I am loving this yarn!

8 Likes