Return to MDK

MDK March Mayhem Knitalong

Fellow knitters, I am going to have to call this KAL my FKAL. No, no, quiet at the back there, FANTASY Knit A Long is what I mean. I am totally dreaming of a Tensho in the colours Ann used for her Birkin, but. There’s a Flax, there’s a Brambling Shawl from Year of Techniques (talk about addictive knitting), there’s a pair of socks (eh, they’re just socks) but most importantly, there is World’s Best Daughter’s birthday afghan on which I am sorely delayed. I am loving all your projects and will cast on my Tensho in my dreams.

Humulus was my pick from the start. I’m finishing up a couple of things and then I will start, but I need yarrrrrnnnn! I can’t decide what to use. To many choices!

My Humulus dream is delayed. I have a Carbeth cardi still on my needles that needs finishing and a pair of socks that have languished in their little project bag for weeks. I will get to my Humulus since I have the yarn but It has to wait.

Me too! I have so many juicy things going at once!

I’m working on Anker’s Cardigan, which I started last year but had to put aside for other projects. I’m knitting it in Malabrigo Sock, Lettuce.

I love that cardigan!

I started a dogstar for a 1 year old grandson with some Malabrigo Arroyo this morning. Hoping for a quick knit. The swatch looked good and washed up with no bleeding. Forward ho!

The Dohne is done! If you add more repeats than the suggested, make sure to adjust the ribbing pattern accordingly.

That. Is. GORGEOUS!

And what a great color on you!

Progress Report:

The past two weeks have been busy, now I’m under the weather, and I’m not nearly as far along on Cranberry Gose as I’d like to be. I’m into the shoulder shaping, and hopefully will get some of the Gansey stitches done this weekend.

It actually knits up pretty quickly, but I’ve been working in fifteen- and twenty-minute spurts, which is better than getting nothing done at all, but not nearly as good as getting to spend an hour or two just knitting.

CranGose2ndpic--IMG_0355

And I need to mention again how much I love this yarn: Buffalo Wool Co.'s Prairie DK. LOVE!

I’m just aaallllmost done with my Tracie shawl. It’s a great fit with some inexpensive gradient yarn I picked solely because the colors are perfect to wear with a favorite dress! I’m not always a ‘finisher’, but this one is just about in the books!

That yarn is so beautiful for the pattern!

job done with Humulus - and I’m so happy about it. lovely pattern.

The yellow is natural dyed wool by me

Looks wonderful! Congratulations! Hope you have a cold snap so you can wear it soon.

love it! just ordered my yarns to get started.

Well done! It looks so cozy!

Beautiful! Love the colors you chose!!

Here’s the beginning of my Big Sister…the color is way off in this photo, it’s actually burgundy. I’m loving it!!!BIG%20SISTERBIGSISTER_ii

Wow, you’re motoring on that thing! I love all the ribbing. Keep us posted.

I love the ribbing too! I think this will be a sweater that gets a lot of wear!!!