Return to MDK

Summer of Wandering Socks KAL

The field guide came in today’s mail. I will also down load it into my tablet.
Must make time to wind the yarn from the hank into a ball. Then should be ready to begin.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m thinking I’m be adventurous and give it a go!

1 Like

I am in “Camp Kay” that this will only be my second pair of socks. My first Wanderlust socks will be my Shakerag Sock Blank, but I am excited to choose a second yarn after that. Going off to Google Cat Bordhi method on two circulars…

6 Likes

It’s my very favorite way to knot socks. Takes a little practice but you’ll catch on.:blush:

3 Likes

Knit, stupid auto-correct!!

3 Likes

So excited to join this KAL. Just bought my Wanderlust 11 and am scoping out the yarn. My first sock KAL. Great way to begin using up some of my 75 skeins of sock yarn.

8 Likes

From what I saw on Instagram, I think Nell is knitting two at once with her sock blank. Exciting!

1 Like

I’m doing mine 2 at a time, although the patterns are written as one at a time.
If you use magic loop:
The main difference is that when you cast on top down, you will cast on 1/2 of the cuff stitches (but pull enough tail for all of the stitches), then with the other end or 2nd ball cast on all of the cuff stitches. Pull the magic loop at the halfway point of the full number of stitches, then continue to cast on the second half of the first sock. I may need to work a small sample of this to share.

11 Likes

Anxious to receive my Wandering Socks field guide. Have tons of yarn, need to choose a pattern. I am partial to two-at-a-time, magic loop and toe up. Love trying them on as I go.

8 Likes

So funny. Can do sweaters more easily than socks!

4 Likes

Wayyyyyyy too complicated for me!

3 Likes

I am just at the heel and thinking the same thing, Stephanie. But this too shall pass! Looking forward to …the foot!

3 Likes

Yes, pls do!!

2 Likes

I had already decided that this would be a sock summer. This makes it even more fun! I prefer toe up two at a time. I have finished two pair already. Ordered the Field Guide and looking forward to knitting more.

6 Likes

Here is half of the cast on for the first sock, and all of the cast on for the second top-down sock.

I’ve magic looped the second (full cast on)sock top and am completing the final half of the first sock.

Ready to work both socks at a time.

When you get to the heel you will need to work all of one, and then all of the other before proceeding to the foot. Happy Knitting.

16 Likes

Alternating Slipped Stitch toe-up.

When you do 2 at a time, simply cast on one toe and then the other with a second ball or the other end. I’m actually working from the double strand of the sock blank (which has been unraveled, steamed to de-kink and wound into a cake).

14 Likes

Thank you for pics and description Nell👍🏻 looks simple enough (hahaha!)

4 Likes

you can do it!

3 Likes

Yahooo!!! Just ordered Field Guide No. 11…with the intent of knitting down some of my stash this summer!

8 Likes

I have to wait until the end of the month to get my Field Guide. I like the price of the digital version but would love to get all of the field guides in print. Collecting knitting books is way safer than collecting glass knic-nacks, right? Digital vs print…decisions, decisions…

6 Likes