Return to MDK

Team Blanket No. 5: For California Fire Victims

These are beautiful!!!

It was approx 11 1/4 x 11 1/4. It can easily be stretched to be a bit bigger but I scrunched it into shape while blocking to try to meet the goal.
To meet the suggested size I did 8 garter ridges rather than 9 in the Log Cabin Frame.

I sent my squares off today, they should arrive Saturday. I also wrote an entry about the project…on the very new blog I started with my niece this Spring. You can read it here, if you’re interested!

Tina, I love your blog! I reposted it to my Facebook page. I’ll look for the squares this weekend.

@Klwarren - that size will work just fine. It’s a blanket!

I loved your impressions of this blanket making experience. Tried to post on the blog, but I was blocked as a bot!:grinning:

What size needle did you use with the Patons wool?

Thanks! It’s been fun to write…but hard to make the time to do so. And really fun to share with my niece too!

Thanks! And Hmmm, I need a web pro to help figure these things out.

Great squares and loved the description about why it’s so rewarding.

Mine is done! where do I send it?

I will block it and send it next week.

I used US 7 (4.5mm)

I would like to join the team, as well. I’ll have at least one square to you by end of October, probably much sooner.

It would be nice if somehow he could get one of the blankets . . . so sad.

Welcome jangrimmer! We would love to have you. could you send your square in early October? We are shooting for a square size of 11.25X11.25

@marthabilski - address is 10 9th Ave. #401, San Mateo CA 94401

I have lots of Cascade 220 in various colors if anyone is still in need and I am happy to donate it.

Will do. My first miter measured 3.75, so I should be right on target for 11.2". I’m using #6 needles.

Should be no problem to finish and have in mail by early October.

@kcknits – now that you’ve used both Lamb’s Pride and Cascade 220, do you have a preference? I like Lamb’s Pride better – softer and bouncier, I think. I’m glad this blanket asked for a different yarn – nice to compare. And thanks for suggesting I join the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually…I haven’t knit anything for this Team Blanket yet! Haven’t even finished my square for Team #2☹
I’ve had to set it aside while I work on a couple wip’s that I need to take with, as gifts, when I fly to N.C. this Friday!! I plan on taking my knitting with. It’s a 5+ hour flight😉 I’m going to use Patons Wool for this team’s blanket. And I’m glad I could steer you to another square😁