Return to MDK

What I'm Making

I made the Main Squeeze for my son’s partner who loves cozy cardigans. When I saw this pattern, I knew it was for her. I would love to knit this again with Big Wool for myself. For this gift, I needed to use a machine washable wool (MillaMia Super Soft Chunky) as they have a dog who loves to cuddle and also sheds.

This lovely project flew off the needles - start to finish (w/o blocking) in a week. Very clear pattern and other than going down to a size 11 needles to get gauge (the pockets were my gauge swatch), I made no modifications. Thank you MDK for another wonderful field guide! The videos were also so helpful, especially with attaching the sleeves. Once I catch up on all the work I didn’t get done due to buckets full of joy knitting Main Squeeze, I want to cast on other projects in this lovely book.

12 Likes

Wooo, fantastic Cardi dbukko​:clap::+1:t2::heart_eyes: Just gorgeous!! Very lucky your son’s partner is :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You’ve inspired me to get back to knitting my Main Squeeze. I had put it aside for over a week! It’s not conducive to travel/flying;)

2 Likes

This looks so good - that color!

Great knit, fab colour!

That’s a lovely sweater! I’ve just finished scrolling…and scrolling…and SCROLLING through this thread. Good lord, you guys are as chatty as I am.

I’m working on a scrap afghan, mitered square, 120 or so squares in all; I’m on square 26. I’m putting the squares in haphazardly, and it’s a dog’s breakfast, and I don’t care. I’ll put a photo in at some point…

4 Likes

I finally finished the Iqaluit Shawl by The Petite Knitter!! Her pattern made it to round 4 of this year’s MDK March Mayhem👏

I call mine Pines in the Mist🌲

6 Likes

I know this is an older post, but do you by any chance have the pattern for the small socks 2nd from the right (guessing their toddler size)? Been trying to find one that’s toe up and haven’t been able to. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Toe Up Socks with chart

by Knitting Three Together This is the pattern link. It is all of the sizes.

2 Likes

Great link. Thank you

I started the Fort Tryon wrap with all mdk yarns. This will be a mindless knitting project in the midst of others so may take a while.

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/sabograd/fort-tryon-wrap

1 Like

Beautiful colors😍 Can’t wait to see it finished…sometime next year🤣

1 Like

Thanks, me too. I love the hazel knits quill. May have to make a sweater in it one day.

1 Like

Finished my granddaughter’s Christmas knits!! A Harvest Cardi and matching 1898 hat-Toddler size

9 Likes

Love this! Great style and colors!

2 Likes

Thank you;)

I’m making the Fort Tryon wrap https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fort-tryon-wrap with Hazel Knits leftovers from my squad mitts and the mdk getaway yarn set. Very happy so far.

2 Likes

I purchased the Nesting Wrap kit last fall and love the final result. What an engaging pattern and luscious Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere in Mallard and Verdigis. I highly recommend both!

6 Likes

I finished the Mae baby cardigan for the expected baby daughter of a colleague of my husband. I have made this before in cotton, but my husband requested white for this one.

A very quick knit and and easy sweater. Next one will be cockleshell but that will wait until after our February KAL.

7 Likes