Return to MDK

What I'm Making

That is the most dramatic stash-related story I have ever read, and I am old enough to remember when “stash” had a very different meaning that often generated drama! So glad you got it all sorted and are back on track :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Love the colors and the gauge you used on the cowl. Also a nut for cool glasses, and you have those!

2 Likes

As I suspected, the little red hat went rogue on me again. It was lost, then found, then left at my sister’s, then returned, then dropped in the snow, then lost again. Finally found it again this morning. I’m considering putting it a big envelope and pinning it to myself.

7 Likes

I wasnt impressed by this when I saw it on Rav, but I LOVE yours!! It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Re the MKAL. I did one years ago with a designer I love. And finished the MKAL, even buying the suggested yarn, which I normally don’t do, and it was a bummer! My solution, I now wait to see what the mystery turns out to be. Because I now have a intricate-looking beaded lace “shawl” that would be perfect as a King’s cape for a 3 year-old! I plan on frogging to reclaim the pricey yarn, yet for some reason can’t seem to destroy it. Normally the frog pond is my home.

1 Like

Thank you so much. All credit to Jennifer at spirittrailfiberworks who dyed the yarns following my inspiration idea. It was a slog, but I love it.

What Im Making? Im working on my new design Edinburgh Cardi, Im having lots of fun moments with this cute stranded work, take a look, pattern will be ready as soon as possible, and yarn kits will be available on my website in June, hand dyed alpaca, ultra soft and great to work with.

5 Likes

I took a break from the Knit-Along for a day to make these.

10 Likes

Just finished these 3 Stranded Diamond Hats from field guide Merry Making. I received the guide and all the yarn needed for all the patterns from Thea Coleman and MDK in a 2018 giveaway. Great patterns, great yarns! Thank you all for your generosity!

11 Likes

I love that pattern as well Robyn! I just cast on another pair since my much anticipated first set of signature needle arts dpn came in the mail today :grin: i seem to always have at least one ( usually 2 ) pairs on yhe needles

2 Likes

I love Stranded Diamonds pattern too!! I’ve also knit 3 of them, for Christmas presents;) They were mt first stranded knitting project😁

3 Likes

Ooooh, these are pretty! I love these colors together.

So glad you cooked these up!

I have 3 WIPs going right now: CardiZen and Iqaluit Shawl, from MDK March Mayhem bracket, and Dangling Conversation scarf with Euro flax mini skeins(my daughter says it’s obvious I like blue💙)!

3 Likes

Love all these! And blue is such a good springtime color!

2 Likes

Thank you Ann;) tulip bulb catalog is great for inspiration!

And so is this!!

2 Likes

All three hats are absolutely lovely! Well done!

1 Like

I am working on my first double knit project, requested by my brother. I’m really glad he doesn’t care about when he gets it, as long as it’s done eventually :rofl: I put it on hold while knitting my Isabell KAL sweater, in the hopes that a break will get me back in the double knitting mood!
IMG_20190413_075618
IMG_20190413_075602

5 Likes

WOW that’s impressive!!! I have no idea how that is done but it looks like a LOT of work :wink:

2 Likes

Very cool! I’m sure he will love it.

2 Likes